Monday, December 29, 2008
This can be kind of scary. EEEEK!
1. Stay away from the TV in the evening when I come home from work so I am able to accomplish following goals.
2. Become more organized by keeping clutter down.
3. Keep car clean inside and out and perform regular maintenance on it.
4. Develop online craft business and to write more on my blog.
5. More than play with the notion of starting my own business.
6. Continue with last years goal to have new adventures.
7. Last but not least exercise and eat better just like everyone else.
This is what I achieved:
1. I believe I did well with this in the beginning of the year then totally forgot about it. but... I did get a laptop so that I could do more things at my computer while watching TV. How does that sound?
2. MMMM, sorta.
3. DONE! I did do a pretty good job of this. Except for probably the last month because weather has been terrible and it was just to cold to clean it. I need the oil changed and was about to get it done last week but couldn't get it in the shop with the holidays so I will try to get that done this coming week.
4. I posted more blogs in 2008 than 2007, and also was able to put more handmade items on my etsy than I had the last.
5. I registered for a tax id number as well as received my Iowa sells and user tax, also purchased my own dot com and held the first Urbanestics Underground.
6. Hmmm, I can't even think of what "NEW" adventures I had but I know I did. I learned many new things such as.. learned how to knit socks, took a found object art class at Columbia Collage, block printing class, and also learned how to do screen printing. I continued to learn more about kitchen and bath products everyday and the list could go on.
7. I can't believe I actually lost approximately 10 pounds this last winter and spring with eating right as well as exercising. (I can't tell you exactly how much because I don't believe in scales and don't remember the last time I used one.) Then summer came and wonderful evenings of grilling out and enjoying friends company became the new habit.
So what are my goals for 2009? Still working on that. I will let you know soon.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Let me tell you..... it's only December 27th and I am ready for winter to be over. I dream of the warm sun beating down on my skin and feeling weightless as I swim in refreshing cool water. Oh, I am ready for spring. Maybe I should get a pass the the Y and also a tanning membership so I can pretend it's not so cold out.
Soooo... on with it. Daniel and Jenna and my nieces did not join us for our yearly tradition of opening presents on Christmas Eve morning with the family so it was just half the family there. Got lots of wonerful presents and also enjoyed seeing everyones gifts they recieved.
Laurie's eco-friendly wrapping job. She personalized every package so that the content related to the person the gift was for. And of corse she had picked this article for me regarding a very un-atractive crocheted sweater.
My pile of gifts I recieved. New sleeping bag, screen printed lampshade and thrifted lamp, time to.... painting. All fantastic presents!
Mom and Dad and pup Polar. We children got Dad a good tripod for his camera.
Friday, December 19, 2008
picture courtesy my cell phone.
Don't worry, it gets used each and every day for practically 8 full hours! I think I better do some cleaning because this picture is such a disgrace. See that popcorn and paper clip under my toe kick?
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Here I have my blueprint paper as well as shredded junk mail for all the stuffing I need. My ribbon this year is a role of warn that was purchased from the thrift store.
For all presents that needed to be wrapped in boxes have been ones that I have re-used. Instead of going into the recycling bin my Velveeta and oatmeal boxes got wrapped with a special present inside as well as others.
To finish it off I printed out these adorable to and from tags from Inside The Black Apple that she has up on her blog for anyway to use.
I hope that this inspires you to go out and re-use and recycle your Christmas wrapping this year.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Here are some pictures from our evening.
Erin checking out this trippy 3D design with some lovely glasses I so happen to have in my basement still after Urbanestics Underground. Who just happens to have 3D glasses laying around?
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thank you everyone who was able to come out and make this a great evening! We had a blast, and can't wait to do it again! You can view more pictures of the event here. None the less, I am pooped.
Here is a fantastic article in the L.A. Times that I just discovered this evening in my blog reading.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My 7 Facts:
1. I know the guy with the largest feet in IOWA, size 21. Just imagine like 2 of your feet put together in to make one of his.
2. When I was a child I loved to watch the Laurence Welk show on Public Television and was obsessed with the Accordion. (I wanted to learn how to play it so bad.)
3. I owned my own house at the age of 24 being single and still am single. (If anyone is interested, wink wink.)
4. I am taller than the average guy. (But not by much 5" - 11 3/4")
5. I enjoy eating Bananas with a Kraft Cheese Single wrapped around it.
6. Buffalo milk yogurt is the BEST!
7. Moved 3 times growing up in only one blocks distance.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Here is a picture of the gals doing some screen printing. I am in aw of how large that screen is and how hard it may be to do.
It inspires me to go home and do some more of my small printing jobs. I will start out small and maybe someday be doing something as large as this! BEAUTIFUL fabric.
It makes Sarah and I dream of having our own business even more.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Then for dessert molasses cookies. MMMMMMM! I wish I had pictures to share with you but I have loaned my camera out to my brother.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Goodposture is getting more and more merchandise up weekly. Last night I noticed that these lovely scarves perfect for fall are now for sell. So please go check out everything she has! It's an eclectic mix of vintage home decor, knitted and sewn items.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Micah and Julie doing pirate faces, I think I am doing the tired face.Saturday night was spent having second dinner for the evening with friend Ryan and some of his students/friends from school. Food was delicious again and I got to hear about all sorts of pilot things because they are all from the Aviation Program at Dubuque.
Sunday, the day before my birthday... I celebrated with the family. Mom made all the best, marinated turkey breast, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, salad, and pumpkin dessert. MMMMM! We (Morgan and I) opened my presents and had a great evening.
Monday, the day of my birthday, I went to work like normal. Sarah made me a wonderful layered cake as well as a layered cake birthday card to help celebrate my day. Then in the evening I went to my second families house for dinner. Mary with the help of Ryan and Grant, made me barbecue ribs, potato salad, lettuce salad, and for dessert, apple crisp. OH gosh I was so full! We ate till we could eat no more.
I think I have gained 27 pounds over the weekend of my birthday celebration. I ate so well and enjoyed so many people's company. Thank you EVERYONE, you made my birthday WONDERFUL!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
First and Foremost Money
iTunes Gift Card
Also anything else you might find that would suit me well or is on my Etsy Favorites!
Or if you feel rich you can get me this!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
It didn't turn out very well. I was very upset, thinking my screen was not exposed long enough and that the emulsion was keeping the ink from coming through in areas.
Then after about 6 tries or more and some screen needle poking I thought i would give it a shot with black ink. TA DA! It worked! David forgot to mention to me when I was purchasing ink that pearlescent does not work well. My pink ink is pearlescent! That was all my problems the entire time! So after much deliberation I decided to just print in black on this run. So there you have it!Please go ahead and purchase your very own Cake t-shirts at my etsy to help fund my trip to Felt Club in November. :) I only have one size of each right now so get it quite before it is sold out!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Here is a sneak peak for you all to see!
I am hoping to get them made this weekend on my weekend off!