Monday, July 19, 2010

Road Trip

Had a fabulous weekend traveling to Omaha with my siblings and friends to go see one of my all time favorite bands Rogue Wave play at the Waiting Room Lounge. We made an overnight trip out of it so we could enjoy the city and get some great eating and thrifting in as well. Coming home this evening I am pooped, but it was well worth it!


Stopped in Adair for some ice cream and Abe showed off for the locals with his sweat yo-yoing skills.


The lady watching asked what kind of yo-yo it was, she was only familiar with Duncan.



Mckenzie and Jeremy


Rogue Wave, they were so great as always! Played some of their new songs from the album Permalight and many of their old songs that are so dear to my heart. Abe even got a shout out from Zach, the lead singer for wearing his geeky Star Trek t-shirt.


Again another chance to yo-yo... after the show.



We asked some guys at Whole foods where they would suggest having breakfast at... out of the three places they told us Lisa's Radial was where we ended up at and it was delicious. I was full practically the rest of the day.


David found another great eatery via Urbanspoon, Amsterdam Falafel and Kabob where we had Falafel, Gyros, and Curry Fries for lunch. I regret to inform you that I think this might be the first time I have had falafel and it was GOOD. I even loved the curry fries and I'm not a huge curry fan! I loved the way that Amsterdam had decorated their little restaurant, they have Eames Chairs for everyone to sit in as well as coat hook, great light fixtures, wallpaper, and even wall art!


the envied coat hook is here behind Abe. While we are at it, don't you just love his mustache?!


I hope you all had a good weekend as well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails