Wednesday, March 25, 2009

D.I.Y. night #6

D.I.Y night number 6! Spent the evening block printing.

We discussed the basics of how to put the image on the block, the differences between all the blades that go with the carving tool, then onto the many ways you can create your image by making it a single color or multiple color print. After we had got a ways on carving our blocks we walked through how to apply the ink to the design and then the final procedure of printing onto paper.

Erin, our beginner block printer started her first carving project a inexpensive eraser and a very simple design. She did a fantastic job, I love the little birdie and lowercase e.


Many people stopped by with interest in what we were working on. and we even had a table of women next to us knitting and crocheting away.

You can see more pictures from our block printing on my Flickr account here.
I am working on our next D.I.Y night project line up for April 7th, please feel welcome to come join us!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails