Sunday, March 29, 2009

D.I.Y at Mars Cafe



The next D.I.Y. night is just around the corner Tuesday April 6 th 7-9 pm. We will be doing some book altering. This has been a little hobby of mine for the last several years. I always find it fun to deconstruct/reconstruct things as well as express myself through collage.


Supplies are very easy to come by.

1. Old book or books that you don't mind taking apart.

2. Pictures, magazines, scrapbooking papers etc.

3. Markers, colored pencils, paint. All pending on what you want to do with your book.

4. X-Acto Knife

5. Pencil, Ruler, Tacky Glue, Rubber Cement, Mod Podge

Bring anything you would like, it's all up to what your imagination!

Here are some pictures of altered items I have made that might help you get your juices flowing.




I've also have enjoyed Sabrina Ward Harrison, a collage artist that has inspired me to journal a little more within my book altering. She has 4 books that are wonderful pieces of art.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails