Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Crepes with Butter and Powder Sugar

So I don't want to be one of those people that makes everyone loath their day off. But boy, do I enjoy mine. Last night I stayed up late trying to get some laundry picked up after months of neglect so I wouldn't have to do it today. Spending your day off cleaning all day is not ideal. I much rather be doing things I enjoy. Like making crepes for breakfast.

Crepes for Saturday morning breakfast has been a long tradition in our family line. There are not many Saturday mornings that I am able to make them but I do enjoy being able to make up a batch every once in a while on one of my days off.


Mix together dry ingredients: 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Meanwhile in a nonstick fry pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter. This will be added to dry mixture in just a little bit...
Now add the wet ingredients to your dry mixture. 1 cup of milk, 3 large eggs. Whisk together until batter is smooth. Now you will add your melted butter from nonstick pan to the mixture as well as 1 teaspoon of vanilla.


Now you are ready to start cooking. Have your nonstick pan preheating on medium heat. If the pan is not hot enough when you add your crepe batter to it, your first crepe will not turn out very well. You also want to have some remains of your butter that you melted in the pan to keep batter from sticking.
Pour a ladle full of batter into the pan and swirl around to cover entire bottom of pan. Let it cook until edges become golden, flip over and continue until that side is golden as well.

I like to start eating my crepes as soon as the first one comes off the skillet, all hot. Garnish your crepe the easy way by spreading some butter and sprinkling some powder sugar over top. There are many other garnishes that I love to have with my crepes but I hardly ever have them on hand and just really do enjoy the simple way to eat them.


Role it up and enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails