Monday, January 12, 2009
"CREATE" with me at Mars Cafe!
First official DIY night will consist of 2 maybe 3 simple projects.
The theme for this evenings activities are "organization and inspiration" for the new year. It's always good for me to start the new year out that way so I thought I would start with this to get us rolling.
A. Vinyl Album Cover, Wall Pockets
List of to bring:
1. At least one Vinyl Record Album Cover that you will want to cut up, that would coordinate with your decor. ( Not sure where to find cheep Vinyl Records? Thrift store. They are usually $1 or $1.99 if your thrift store has enforced the $1.99 policy.)
2. 12x12 scrap book paper or any other paper that we will use to decorate the inside of the album. (Coordinate the paper to go with the color of your album cover.)
3. Double stick tape or Rubber Cement
B. 99% Recycled Calendar/Planner
(If I am able to gather everything together we will make these too.)
1. Go to this website and download the pdf file to print your calender pages off of and bring with.
2. Paper that you will be normally recycling
3. A cardboard box
C. Word Poem Collage
1. Old magazines, books, catalogs that we can cut images out of.
3. Rubber Cement or Mod Podge (matte finish) Decoupage Glue
4. Regular size foam paint brush for spreading Mod Podge if that is what you choose to use.
Knitting 101: learn the first steps to knitting, casting on and doing the knit stitch, in the round.
Cardboard creations: Photo Board/Cork Board, Picture Frames, and more...