Thursday, June 7, 2007

Travel Swap

I am finally finished with my craft project that I created for the Free People Travel Swap. It took me weeks to make a final decision on what I was gonna make. I went back and forth with all sorts of ideas. Some of my ideas I still want to make, maybe for myself. What I ended up creating was an altered book with a map of the U.S. that you could ad push pins into to show destinations you've gone.

One of my good co-workers that I love to bounce ideas of off helped me come up with the idea and also the quote that I added to the map. "You can travel coast to coast... but home is what you love the most."

I also added some more embellishments. Stickers saying "Travel", and "Home", also some tags hanging off a string.
The back of the book I printed off some mini post cards from Iowa and also Virginia the location me and my swap partners are from and did a little collage with them.
I had great fun creating this little book. I think I might had to make one for myself. You can check out other people's crafted items at the Flickr swap sight here.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails