Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Produce

There was such an array of lovely colors that took my breath away along with the crisp fall air at Farmers Market on Saturday morning.

Sarah and I thought we would brave the cool air and step out to take our last chance we had to enjoy fresh local food from the downtown farmers market. I couldn't help but take lots of pictures it was so amazing!


Purchased some of these lovely carrots to take home to make chicken noodle soup.


Pardon my finger, it got into this shot... but have you ever seen purple Bell Peppers? They were so rich and delicious looking, we had to give them a try as well.



Look at all these different kinds of gourds and pumpkins?!



Sarah and I purchased Pie Pumpkins so we could try our hand at baking with fresh pumpkin instead of from the can.



I LOVE PUMPKINS!

1 comment:

Raechel said...

What do you mean? Remember when we made fresh pumpkin pie at my house in IL? I honestly don't think its worth the work! I'm craving some good homemade pumpkin pie maybe I'll add that to my list of groceries!

Related Posts with Thumbnails