Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fall Food

I hate to think about the fact that summer is coming to an end but I really start getting excited for cool breezes that come with fall. I enjoy baking once again, no more miserable hot days to keep me from running the oven for hours. Oh gosh my mouth is watering for warm apple pie with some cinnamon ice cream melting over top!




I also recommend this really yummy cinnamon ice cream recipe my friend Tiffany introduced me too.


I've also been craving something ooey gooey and chocolaty... these Brookies from Baked in Brooklyn would be wonderful to have right now too.

Yesterday, I pulled out Jim Lahey's My Bread cookbook I borrowed from my friend Dan and gave the basic bread recipe a try. Baked up like a charm, but I didn't expect anything less. It's just been to darn hot to even think about turning the oven on.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails