Monday, February 8, 2010

2 books

In my opinion one needs these books and shouldn't go without. My Bread, Jim Lahey and Rose's Heavenly Cakes, Rose Levy Beranbaum. I don't have either yet because I just discovered them last night while I was at my friends for a Super Bowl party. But they are going immediately on my wish list on Amazon and I hope I don't have to go to long without them.

I first knew about the My Bread several months ago via Martha Stewart but hadn't actually held the book in my hands until last night. I thumbed through every delightful page... beautiful pictures and really easy directions to fallow.




Rose's Heavenly Cakes was remarkable with every type of cake you could imagine. I also loved how the ingredients were laid out in a simple table just like how My Bread was done. Why is this not done in EVERY cookbook?



Today I am baking a Rustic Italian bread from my America's Test Kitchen baking book. I am waiting for the sponge to finish falling so I can proceed onto the next step.

wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails